Sunday, November 1, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude 2009

What a great idea! My friend Hannah is trying this. I thought I would play along. Sometimes when you are feeling down or overwhelmed it's easy to focus on the bad. I think lately that has been my problem. I just can't seem to get out of this slump. Hopefully this will help. I used to tell my YW group that no matter how depressed, sad, upset, lonely, frustrated, overwhelmed or mad you get at life, if you can write in your journal one thing each day that brings you joy, you can get up and move on. So taking my own advice, AND following Hannah's lead, I will post 3 things each day in November (in no particular order of importance--just what I am feeling that day) that I am grateful for (or even more simply--that bring me joy!)

1. I am grateful for Fall. I love everything about it. The chill in the air. The beautiful leaves. Football. Pulling out the sweaters and sweatshirts. Cuddling up in a blanket. Hot chocolate. Slippers. And did I mention football?

2. I am grateful for my kids. I know... a little cliche. But really, through the frustrations and tantrums and fights (all boys), I can't imagine my life without them. Even though at times I'm not a great mom, I hope I've taught them enough to go out and meet the world and life head on.

3. I am grateful for books. I love reading. I love escaping in a great book. I love all kinds of books. In fact, I sort of have an addiction (I probably need help). I love buying books. I love feeling the books. I love thinking about the books. I love looking for more books to buy. I have so many books on my shelves that I still haven't read because I just keep buying them. I guess if you are going to have an addiction, books might be an okay addiction to have, right? Yes, I am justifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment