Monday, March 9, 2009

Organizing 101

I am DETERMINED to get organized. So why did I title this post Organizing 101? Maybe it's because I'm thinking it's the beginning or "Basics". Or maybe, in the back of my mind I know there are probably about that many projects I need to work on. Breathe. Check out some of my favorite organizing sites (listed to the right) I've found to help me in my endeavors. I'm tired of my house looking like a pig sty. Well, at least the parts of the house that aren't commonly seen--bedrooms, closets, computer room, etc. So I have decided I will conquer one project at a time. Baby steps. Once I find a system that works, it shouldn't be too hard to keep up, right? So I will make a list of projects--even breaking the bigger ones into smaller ones so they seem more manageable. Then I will update that list as I accomplish my goals. Ok, deep breath, don't hyperventilate. Just thinking of these "junk piles" or "messes" makes me feel totally overwhelmed. But I WILL CONQUER! Slowly. Calmly. One thing at a time. Whew! Now that it's written down, I must do it. I am after all a list-maker. I love making lists and goals and then crossing things off as I finish them. So in reality, this is probably the ONLY way I will get organized. By making lists. By forcing myself to face the reality and horror of my cluttered life. Ready, set, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment