I'm just wondering...why must we sleep? I could literally stay up playing on the computer, reading, writing, blogging, etc. if it weren't for sleep. (Oh wait, I do that already). Mainly because I'm screwed up and on night shift. But then I pay for it the next day. I have to sleep in or I'm a bitch with a capital B. Just ask my family. And it seems like my whole day is wasted. I don't get much done. Now I know why they say "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." But it's just not fair for those of us who work night shifts. I can't just turn off my night brain at 9-10 pm because I SHOULD go to bed. People think just because you are NOT working tonight, that everything is normal and hunky dorey, but it's not! I can't sleep.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE sleep! Really love it. Just wish I didn't need it or want it so bad all the time. And I hate having to plan my life around my sleep--once again just the night shift thing talking. And I do not have insomnia. Once I'm tired, I can fall asleep immediately. I come home from a night shift, change my clothes, climb in bed and I'm out!
It's just the idea of sleep that is currently bugging me. Just so ya know!
No comments:
Post a Comment