Friday, July 3, 2009

Relay Anyone?

Ok, so I'm going through withdrawals since I didn't run the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay this year. It was such an empowering experience last year. So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in running the Red Rock Relay this year?!!! Please?!!! I found this relay by accident but am dying to run it because it starts at Brianhead resort and ends at Tuacahn in St. George. You run through Zions, Snow Canyon State Park and all these really amazing and beautiful places. It would really be awesome...but we need a team of 12. It is September 4-5. Plenty of time to train still if anyone is interested. I wouldn't mind being the team captain and organizer if we could pull this off. You would run 3 legs during a 24 hour period--each leg anywhere between 3-8 miles. We live in the vans and just have tons of fun. Or...we could do the Ragnar Relay in Las Vegas which is Oct. 9-10 (even more time to train). Either one would be awesome with beautiful scenery and loads of fun. But we need to decide NOW so I can rearrange, finagle, or beg my way out of work those weekends. The entry fee for either one is around $80-85 each. Then we would split gas, food and hotel (for the night before). Come on; 180 miles, 12 team members, two vans, lots of music, no kids, little sleeping and burning loads of calories! What do you think? Here are some links if you are interested and want more info. Red Rock Relay and Ragnar Relay

2 comments:

  1. I am so in for either. SOunds great. But I will have to take the shorter ones...I can't run more than 4 miles yet..but I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my mom lives in Cedar City...if we do the one in Brianhead...maybe we could stay at her house...just a thought. And...she is a really good cook too.

    ReplyDelete