Sunday, July 19, 2009
Red Rock Relay!
Yes, we are doing it! I put together a team of 12 people to do the Red Rock Relay in southern Utah. I am SOOOOO excited. It's similar to the Ragnar Relay I did last year. I was seriously having withdrawals from NOT doing Ragnar this year, so I found this new one in So. Utah that is going to be AMAZING and beautiful--and I get to run it with my friends and sisters. It's two vans of 6 people each. We run through night and day 180 miles. It starts at Brianhead and ends at Tuacahn theater in St. George. It will be so much fun (and a huge challenge). My friends and I ran 9 miles down the canyon yesterday in 95 minutes. The last mile was a killer, but I really feel pretty good today. Not as sore or tired as I thought I would be. I LOVE that I found friends to run with that are about my pace. James pushes me too hard, and my work friends that I did Ragnar with last year are all too fast. So I really look forward to running each week with my buddies. Yay for us being slow-pokes-haha! I will keep posting RRR updates on here as we get closer to our race. I am so excited! Can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm super excited too... and I too am very glad that we can be slowpokes together! When are we running this week?
ReplyDelete