Oooh, I absolutely LOVE it when I find good books on good deals. The DI is my favorite place to find books and today I found 9 books (for a total of $16). A couple of them were my favorites growing up, and all of the others were on my "to read" list! I'm so excited I can't believe it. Now, if I could just find more time to read all these great books, that would be awesome!
So, what did you buy? I found a beautiful hardcover copy of Jane Eyre at DI once for $2. It's my favorite book ever! I'd love to see the list of titles you got!
ReplyDeleteI got a Wrinkle in Time, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Wicked, Sense and Sensibility, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, A Train to Potevka, The Birth of Venus, The Peacegiver. Also, the next day, I went back and got A Thousand Splendid Suns, You Can Never get enough of what you don't need (by Mary Ellen Edmunds), and Vanishing Acts (by Jodi Picoult). Super excited to read all of these books.
ReplyDeleteI have recently read a thousand splendid suns and let me warn you, it's very PAINFUL to read, but it's worth it. Just plan on feeling horrible for a few days though as you read it. I've also read Wicked and I don't know your motivation to read it, but let me also warn you that I HATED that book and almost didn't finish it. I'll have to look up the others that I haven't read on goodreads to read some reviews! Thanks for sharing your list!
ReplyDelete