Tuesday, February 24, 2009
I started running again
I ran today! Well sorta. I walked part of it because my lungs hurt so bad (probably doesn't help that I've been sick with a cough and cold for the past week). I used the treadmill. I only went 2 miles and it took me 26 minutes to go that far. My lungs hurt, my knees hurt and I felt like puking my guts out, but I guess you have to start somewhere right? I honestly haven't run or really exercised since the Hobble Creek Half last August. Last year, I started running March 7 and ran the Wasatch Back, Speedy Spaniard and the Hobble Creek Half (plus a couple 5K's). As long as I had a race ahead, I was motivated. I decided it's about that time again, so I better get moving. Ugh. I must admit, I feel much better physically as well as mentally when I'm working out. Maybe I can get out of this slump and quit feeling so lazy. I'll try to post my progress here, mostly to keep me motivated. So, here's to working out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cheers!!! I got home from a run today (my first "brick") and literally collapsed on the grass! I told Paul I was just going to go a mile since I'd just ridden my bike about 8, but then ended up going 2.5 miles and was gone for way longer than he had expected. He had Charlie in the jogging stroller so he could come look for me! Anyway, welcome back to running!
ReplyDeleteWay to go. I am starting my running program on Wednesday. I won't be running 2 miles though...you are my hero! I can't wait to follow your progress.
ReplyDelete