Friday, February 20, 2009

50 Random Things About Me

On Facebook several people have done a "25 Random things about Me List". I kept putting it off. I decided to go for it and started typing. I actually came up with 50, so here are 50 random things about me in no particular order.

1. I LOVE to read. Always have, always will. Now, even more--it's like an escape for me.
2. I used to fall asleep early--just sitting down to watch TV and I was out. Now, I stay up all night. I just can't go to bed early. Those almost four years of working graveyards have really screwed up my internal clock.
3. I've been married for over 17 years. We've had our ups and downs, but I still love him ;)
4. I hate to clean...which is why my house is never spotless.
5. I hate to do laundry. It can sit in a pile for days just waiting to be folded.
6. I love Disneyland and am always trying to find times to go. It's harder when the kids are in Jr. High and High School and can't miss as easily.
7. I love listening to music.
8. I really don't like to cook. I love food. Especially if someone else cooks it!
9. I have to drive everywhere...trips, dates, etc. I get carsick if I am not driving.
10. I often worry about how I'm raising my kids and how bad I've screwed them up.
11. Fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it. The cool, crisp air. The sweater weather. The colors and leaves. And football!
12. I like playing games with my kids but hate that they are so competitive and always end up fighting.
13. I love the rain. I love how it smells.
14. One of my biggest pet peeves is when others leave the kitchen cupboards open. REALLY? It takes a half a second more to close them!
15. I'm not a very good home decorator and therefore do not have pictures or decor on my walls.
16. I love my job as an RN in Labor and Delivery, but hate going to work. I wish I could just stay home all day every day. Guess I'm lazy.
17. I really don't love reading to my little boys. I get frustrated and irritated at times. I wish I loved it. I still do it, out of guilt I guess.
18. I am realizing from my list that I'm not a very good homemaker. (See #'s 4, 5, 8, 15)
19. I am always wishing I had time to finish projects, but it just seems nothing ever gets done.
20. I like to dip my toast in my hot chocolate. My kids love it too. I just thought that was how you ate it. My husband thinks I'm crazy. My mom thinks I'm crazy. I learned it from my Dad.
21. I always think about working out, but just can't get up the oomph to start again. I love how it makes me feel once I do, though.
22. My hands get really dry and cracked in the winter. At least a couple of my boys' do to. They come home looking like they have been in fist fights.
23. My family thinks Sizzler is "fine dining". How sad is that?
24. I totally feel outnumbered in my home with 4 boys and a husband. Usually it's ok. Sometimes my hormones get in the way and I feel like I'm the last one to know things or be included in a conversation and I get MAD. Why can boys talk to Dad easier than Mom? It's just not fair.
25. I like to just "vegge out" but then feel guilty for wasting time.
26. I feel like I have lots of friends but not many close friends.
27. I love scrapbooking, journaling, blogging, and family history, but need to do more. I haven't scrapbooked since I went back to school (a few years now).
28. I'm super proud of my boys.
29. I'm not very photogenic.
30. I hate that I started getting gray hair at 30. It's just not fair. I still blame the meningitis.
31. I hate my wrinkles around my eyes--especially when I smile. I asked my dermatologist about it. He said with my skin type, and my slender build--that was just how it was going to be. He flat out told me I could be fat or have more wrinkles. Whatever.
32. I love that I don't have to stress about my weight too much. But know I would feel better anyway if I worked out.
33. I love my husband's sense of humor and wish I could just let go and laugh more.
34. I like to make lists. I like the feeling of crossing stuff off my lists.
35. I like to look for the little joys in every day life. Even when I'm down.
36. I don't ever want my boys to move out. I know that day is not far off, and I'm pretty sure I will cry.
37. I love to kiss my boys on the cheek when they are sleeping.
38. I couldn't live without my cell phone. Just knowing my kids can get ahold of me if they need is worth it.
39. I always think of others but am not good at sending cards or making phone calls to let them know.
40. I sometimes will wear my PJ's all day. (I guess part of that is that I sleep in the day after work)
41. I love that I'm done having kids and love this phase of my life, but miss being needed.
42. I pay the bills and know my husband would be totally lost if I died.
43. I don't take the time to enjoy long baths. I shower instead.
44. I took 3 years of French in High school and still can't speak/understand it. I wish I could. I also wish I knew Spanish. It would really be helpful in my job.
45. I love to go out to eat. I especially love PF Chang's.
46. I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of photos in boxes that still need organized, scrapbooked or at least put in photo albums.
47. I love photography. Wish I was better at it. Wish I had a better camera too.
48. I get annoyed easily. Especially if my kids are fighting.
49. My favorite flower is the Tulip.
50. I almost never buy myself clothes. Hate spending money on me. I love getting hand-me-down clothes from my sisters, or digging through their DI bags. :)

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this list, or did I write it?! We have so much in common, it's scary!! I'm really not even kidding. I was going to post the number of each one I agreed with and realized it was 90% of them! I even took french in HS, can't speak it, and wished I knew Spanish! Thanks for posting such a fun list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I agree with Diana...I feel like a ton of things on are list are talking about me. Maybe that is why I like you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete