Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yard Sales

I had a yard sale yesterday, or I guess technically my sister did. I got rid of a lot of stuff, made a little extra cash and the rest got hauled to the DI. I know some people think a yard sale is a waste of time...but here is why it's not for me. Even if I only make $60-70 (in the past I've made a couple hundred dollars), it motivates me to de-junk and clean things out. Sure, I could take things to the DI any old time, but do I? No! I don't. But, if I know there is a Yard Sale coming up, for some reason it motivates me to clean out and de-junk and THAT is such a good feeling. THAT alone makes it worth it to me. The hardest thing is not turning around and buying everyone else's junk while I'm there. Been there, done that. But this time....I was pretty good. Just ended up with a couple books(and we all know how much I LOVE books and reading), a couple pieces of clothing (since probably 90% of my wardrobe comes from my sister's DI bags) and a container for my scrapbook stuff. So overall, a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I hate doing yard sales...but I love money. I should do one now that I have a yard to do one in. HAHA. Way to go and thanks again for the boxes...they were awesome.

    ReplyDelete