Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Big 4-0 Project!

This is it. The year of the big 4-0. The year that I officially move to the downward slope of the hill. I've dreaded this year for a long time. I don't know why. I guess I just don't want to be old. I remember thinking how old my parents were when I was growing up(sorry mom), and my mom was only 38 when I made her a Grandma! Wow! So here I am, feeling sorry for myself and realizing that I can wallow in self pity, or make the best of it and make this the GREATEST year in my meager 40 year history. Ummm yeah. I vote on the second one. No reason to be depressed. So I came up with the Big 4-0 Project. My hubby and kids rolled their eyes at me while my sisters and mom thought it was a great idea. Must be a girl thing. So here it is....(in no particular order)
  1. Go on 40 dates. 
  2. Record 40 things in Dad's personal history.
  3. Send 40 non-birthday cards/letters.
  4. Send 40 birthday cards.
  5. Write 40 blog posts.
  6. Do 40 things to improve my health or body.
  7. Record 40 things in my personal history.
  8. Record 40 things about James.
  9. Record 40 things about Tanner.
  10. Record 40 things about Kade.
  11. Record 40 things about Dawson.
  12. Record 40 things about Peyton.
  13. Find 40 ways to be a better mom.
  14. Do 40 dates/activities with kids.
  15. Do 40 RAK or service projects.
  16. Make 40 cards.
  17. Hang 40 pictures on my walls.
  18. De-clutter 40 spaces.
  19. 40 home improvement or home decor projects.
  20. Instagram 40 pictures.
  21. Take 40 pictures of things that make me happy.
  22. Make 40 scrapbook pages.
  23. Write in my journal 40 times.
  24. Find 40 scriptures that inspire me.
  25. Find 40 Blogs that inspire me.
  26. Find 40 quotes that inspire me.
  27. Learn 40 new words with definitions (English).
  28. Learn 40 new words/phrases in Spanish.
  29. Learn 40 new words/phrases in French.
  30. Learn 40 new words/phrases in Greek.
  31. Clean out 40 files.
  32. Try 40 new recipes.
  33. Read 40 ensign articles.
  34. Read 40 books.
  35. Enjoy 40 new songs.
  36. Find 40 things that make me happy.
  37. Save $40 a week.
  38. Sell 40 things on Ebay/KSL.
  39. Record 40 silly things my family said.
  40. 40 Nackos stories.
I may or may not accomplish all of this, but it gives me something to look forward to--something to attempt to accomplish rather than just a list of New Year Resolutions. Because I will be 40 all year, I will constantly be thinking of my big 4-0 project. I'm actually really excited. I downloaded an app on my new phone to keep track of my progress and will try to post updates here as well. 

So...here's to another great 40 years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment